$100,000 drop in funding for KLC would mean we would have to close our Family and Domestic Violence Clinic, make redundant our Solicitor/Family & DV Law Community Legal Education Clinic Supervisor and reduce either Senior/Discrimination Solicitor or Employment Solicitor by around 20% (1 day per week).
In brief, the loss to the community will be:-
- Loss to local community of community legal education on domestic violence issues
- Loss of advice and casework for clients experiencing domestic violence – an area of law where early legal intervention can have profound implications for clients and their families
- Loss of capacity in either discrimination or employment clinics and possible loss of incumbents in these positions due to reduction in hours.
- Loss of clinic where students are trained in domestic violence law
- Loss of one advice night per week
- Loss of skilled volunteers
- Loss of law reform on systematic issues
- Reduction in Kooloora Outreach
- Loss of home and site visits for most vulnerable clients (aged/disability)